|Killin' Time (episode) is a stub
You can help the Quantum Leap Wiki by expanding it
Killin' Time was the fifth episode of Season 5 of Quantum Leap TV series, also the 80th overall series episode. Written by Tommy Thompson, the episode, which was directed by Michael Watkins, premiered on NBC-TV on October 20, 1992.
Storyline[edit | edit source]
Sam leaps into a killer on the run in 1958. A deadly leap into Leon Stiles, a mass murderer who has taken a woman and her daughter hostage has Sam confessing the Quantum Leap Project to the frightened victims, while Al chases down the real killer who has escaped from the Waiting Room.
As the house is surrounded by police, Sam, as Leon is holding the mother and her young daughter. But back in the future, in 1999, the real killer, Leon, has escaped from the waiting room and Al desperately tries to find him. If Al can't bring Leon back, Sam can't leap...and will be killed when the sheriff raids the house.
Plot Holes[edit | edit source]
- When the real Leon Stiles escapes in 1999, he drives a stolen car to downtown Los Angeles, CA. It is mentioned that Al only has 90 minutes to go bring Stiles back to the Waiting Room. What makes this deadline very unlikely, is that the QL complex is located somewhere in central New Mexico. The shortest drive to L.A. and back again would be over 1,500 miles, and even if speeding would take a full day driving non-stop.
- The producers badly edited the initial scene where Stiles arrived in the waiting room, when he overpowered the armed guard and took his gun.
Cast (in credits order)[edit | edit source]
Starring[edit | edit source]
Guest starring/Recurring cast[edit | edit source]
- Connie Ray as Carol Pruitt
- Cameron Dye as Leon Stiles (leapee)
- Jim Haynie as Sheriff John Hoyt
- Joseph Malone as Deputy Grimes
- Dennis Wolfberg as Gooshie
- Carolyn Lowery as Hooker
- Beverley Mitchell as Becky Pruitt
- Lewis Dauber as TV News Reporter
- Deborah Pratt as Narrator (uncredited)