|Birth name:||Nicholas David Rowland Cassavetes|
|Birthplace:||New York City, New York, U.S.|
|Actor, director, writer|
|Spouse(s):||Isabelle Rafalovich (divorced)|
|Appeared on:||Quantum Leap in guest appearance|
|Episodes appeared in:||"Double Identity"|
Nicholas David Rowland "Nick" Cassavetes (born May 21, 1959) is an American actor, screenwriter and filmmaker. He appears as Primo La Palma in the episode of Quantum Leap titled"Double Identity". Born in New York City, Nick is the son of actors John Casavetes and Gena Rowlands. He is currently married to actress Heather Wahlquist.
Early life and career
Cassavetes was born in New York City, the son of actress Gena Rowlands and Greek-American actor and film director John Cassavetes. As a child, he appeared in two of his father's films: Husbands (1970) and A Woman Under The Influence (1974). After spending so much of his youth surrounded by the film industry, Cassavetes initially decided he did not want to go into the field. He instead attended Syracuse University on a basketball scholarship. His athletic career was effectively ended by an injury, and he decided to rethink his aspirations, ultimately deciding to attend his parents' alma mater, the American Academy of Dramatic Arts in New York.
Nick has appeared in the films Face/Off, The Wraith, Life, Class of 1999 II: The Substitute, Backstreet Dreams and The Astronaut's Wife, among others. He has also directed several films, including John Q, Alpha Dog, She's So Lovely, Unhook the Stars, The Notebook, and My Sister's Keeper. He also adapted the screenplay for Blow and wrote the dialogue for the Justin Timberlake music video "What Goes Around... Comes Around".
He also has played himself in the season 7 opener of Entourage on HBO.
In 1985, Cassavetes married Isabelle Rafalovich. They had two daughters together, Virginia Sara (born 1986) and Sasha (born 1988), before divorcing. He then married Heather "Queenie" Wahlquist, who has appeared in several of his films, including a small role in the 2004 film adaptation of The Notebook as Sara, a secondary character and best friend to the female lead Allie Hamilton, portrayed by Rachel McAdams. The movie is effectively a family project, as Cassavetes' own mother, Gena Rowlands, appears as the older, married Allie (Hamilton) Calhoun.
- "Nick Cassavetes", Yahoo! Movies. Retrieved on 2009-09-19.
- "Nick Cassavetes." Contemporary Theatre, Film and Television. Vol. 76. Gale, 2007. Gale Biography In Context. Web. 21 Mar. 2011.
- "Nick Cassavetes", VideoDetective.com. Retrieved on 2009-09-10.
- "What Goes Around, Comes Around", JustinTimberlake.com. Retrieved on 2009-09-19.
- "NICK CASSAVETES WPT CELEBRITY INVITATIONAL PROFILE", World Poker Tour. Retrieved on 2009-09-19.
- "High Stakes Poker 5 Nick Casavetes", GSN Pressroom. Retrieved on 2009-09-19.
- "Liam Neeson cut from 'The Hangover Part II'", cnn.com. Retrieved on 2011-04-11.
- Template:Cite video
- Husbands - uncredited (1970)
- Reunion - (TV Movie, 1980)
- Mask - (1985)
- Black Moon Rising - (1986)
- Quite Cool - (1986)
- The Wraith - (1986)
- Matlock - (TV series, 1987)
- L.A. Law - (TV Series, (1987)
- Under the Gun - (1988)
- Shooter - (1988)
- Desperation Rising - (1989)
- Quantum Leap - (TV Series, 1989)
- Object of Desire - (1989)
- The Marshall Chronicles - (TV Series, 1990)
- Shannon's Deal - (TV Series, 1990)
- Backstreet Dreams - (1990)